SPIRITUAL PSYCHO-SCANNER FOR POSITIONING YOURSELF IN THE PURSUIT- WITH A NOTE ON SUCCESS “REDEFINED”
Chapter 1 – MORE THAN HUNDRED ODD BENEFITS FROM THE PURSUIT OF SELF KNOWLEDGE: (Given above)
Chapter 2 – KEY FACTS IN SPIRITUAL LEARNING:
Similar as well as contradicting Features of the subject under study (for example, in the section 2, subjects such as Life Principle, Matter, Energy & ‘Prana’ are compared viz a viz and discussed) in each topic. Unique features of the subjects are also mentioned. / headings. And number of points in each section / topic
|1. Religious Life and Spiritual Life (28 Interesting Infos)|
|2. Life Principle, Energy and ‘Prana’ (50 facts)|
|3. the Real and the Unreal (30 logical truths)|
|4. Manifestation and Unmanifestation (15 very useful informations)|
|5. Individuality ((15 ‘Definitions’)|
|Abnormal Phenomena appearing Normal and vice versa (20 disproved but ‘accepted’ concepts)|
6. Soul – The Mystery behind the Mysterious Mystic Mixture of Matter) 26 ‘Perspectives’)
|An interesting discussion about the SOUL from various view points such as Pure Science, Applied Science Scientific Reasoning, Medical Science, Religion, Spirituality, Psychology, Biology, Logic, Philosophical & Rational thinking and actual Experience|
Chapter 3 – Objectives of the Subject:
An attempt is made in this topic first, by clearly describing the objectives of various (similar looking) subjects related to the goal of life of a seeker. Then, the closely connected objectives of the respective subjects are narrow down and an idea of true spiritual pursuit are made available to the reader. This topic had to be made use in conjunction with the next topic namely ‘The Seeker and the Sought’ of the manual.
Nature and the background of the seeker’s objectives are discussed w r t the seekers with predominant logical thinking, Religious beliefs, Spiritual inclination of mind and seekers with ‘yogic’ pursuits.
NOTE: Subject matter of this write up or manual is for those who are having their objectives as given in the points 1 and / or 3
Here, the very important point is that the seeker only has to interpret these terms to himself or herself and try to understand and begin this pursuit. Because, what the seeker wants is obviously not meant by any term or words, but it depends upon solely on the seekers wants, wishes and interests. Also, the genuine seeker has to be clear about The terms attaining Atma Gyan, Bhramma Gyan, , ‘Mukti’, Moksha, Samsara nivruthi, Kaivalya prapthi, Bhramma Nirvanam ‘Jeeven Mukti’ and their approximate English equivalents via, Self Realisation, God Realisation,, Enlightenment, Wisdom, Liberation, Freedom from bondage, Immortality, Eternity, Living Liberated etc. and the synonyms among them but, in the spiritual pursuit, unlike worldly pursuits, the future course of (bondage or Liberation) is entirely with the seeker because though God’s grace is essential for this, it is universal, therefore, the seeker only has to decide what he or she wants and proceed.
For academic interest, some details connected to the above discussed ‘Subjects and their Objectives’ are also discussed. They are discussion on ‘Avatars’ or Incarnations, B. ‘Adhi Karika Purushas’ who are almost equal to ‘Avatars’. It also deals with 1. Seekers of higher lokas such as ‘Vaikunta’ ‘Shiva Loka’ etc,2. Seekers of Maha Siddies – Powers, fame etc While living, or in future births – yogis and sidda purushas with ‘Asta Maha Siddies’ 3. Enlightened scholars – while living, Blissful, No ‘siddi’ powers, no bondage etc and 4. Enlightened or Liberated ‘Souls’- Knowledgeable, Calm, cheerful and confident, also Happy, Totally Satisfied and secured throughout their life and without bondage or re-birth. They are also known as ‘Jeeven Muktas’ and the content of the manual is aimed at guiding the reader for reaching such a stage of life.
It is to be understood clearly that proper Direction, Motivation, thorough Guidance and sincere suggestions through proper steps are only given in the manual and by pursuing them, definitely, the value of life, in terms of Happiness, Security, Self confidence etc. would increase substantially as a ‘by product’ of this great pursuit. Then, the Self by its nature will have to reveal itself through the essence of the teaching ( contemplative listening of one selected traditional teaching e.g. ‘Upanishad’) from the appropriate teacher) as the final step of ‘the state of wisdom’. While we know that there are emperors and kings who enjoyed this state while ruling their vast kingdoms, why can’t the committed and true seekers implant such positive thoughts in their minds and nourish it appropriately.
Chapter 4 – THE SEEKER AND THE SOUGHT AFTER :
Most common expectations of different types of ‘Seekers’ are given in this chapter. You may go through them carefully, get clarified with competent personalities, if required
Once you have convinced on your decision and satisfied with your materials and the teacher, you should have a totally open and receptive mind to get the best out of the teaching. You should clearly understand every word, sentence, topic and the subjects and the essence of them. You need not memorise. Get clarified of all your doubts with whom ever you feel so till all your doubts are fully cleared. Meditate upon your understandings for assimilating the great knowledge. Then, the benefits are guaranteed and it is sure.
Few such requirements are discussed against ‘What one should do’ for achieving them (those goals in line with the subject matter of the manual). They are,
I want to reach God’s abode. I want to become one with God. I want consistent tranquility and to be a totally satisfied person while living in this world. I want to be endowed with noble qualities & pure devotion to God and with God’s blessings I want to escape from re-birth.
Chapter 5 – ELIGIBILITY CHECK-LIST & SELF ASSESSMENT GUIDELINES (PRE-PREPARATORY STAGE): This chapter will be quite useful to people those who have scored sufficient score in the ‘Spiritual Psycho Scan’ Questionnaire and also to those who are extremely keen to pursue ‘Self’ knowledge.
It is to be noted that this checklist shall be exclusively used only by the interested one for evaluating his or her inner personality and traits and for own assessment. However, the enlisted values can be used for one’s self development as well as for tuning oneself before taking up the pursuit of ‘Self knowledge’.
Many such criteria are first classified then coded and described. They are, Statutory requirements, Highly Desirable and Desirable ‘Positive’ values. Also the Undesirable ‘Negative values are given along with clear cut division of ‘Not eligible traits for this systematic study.
Chapter 6 – USEFUL AND EASY PROCEDURES FOR MENTAL PURIFICATION AND BEGINNING THE PURSUIT OF SELF KNOWLEDGE
The essential qualities or virtues are classified so that they can be achieved through easily adoptable ‘refinement process’ in terms of simple practices to implement systematically and sequentially so that purification process will be easy and also interesting. Similarly, the refining process that challenges the ‘individuality’ or the precipitated ego(‘I’ notion) of the seeker will turn out to be ‘Psychological adventurous Sports’. People just undertake trekking which is nothing but an ordeal. Such adventurous things are carried out with enthusiasm for achieving some records or something uncommon and sometime, even just for a kind of strange pleasure though which are obviously painful. Then, why not undertake this mental adventure to achieve the greatest success, fulfilling the Purpose of one’s Life.
Actual ‘ENNOBLING VIRTUES’ THAT ‘fine tunes’ one’s inner faculty effectively and LEADS TO sharpening the intellect as well as impregnate FINER VIRTUES REQUIRED FOR BEGINNING THE PURSUIT OF SELF KNOWLEDGE are categorised and listed. IMPLEMENT AT LEAST ONE VIRTUE FROM EACH CATEGORY PER WEEK AND PROGRESS WITH CUMULATIVE VIRTUES
1. HELPS TO REDUCE AND REFINE EGO
2. HELPS EXPANSION OF MIND
3. HELPS MIND & SENSE CONTROL
4. FIVE COMPULSORY SHARING VIRTUESS
B. ADVANCE LEVEL OF MENTAL PURIFICATIONS
C. Long term statutory disciplines for the highest benefits of Self Knowledge
Chapter 7 – TOWARDS THE STATE OF WISDOM IN STEPS AND STAGES
The entire manual is centered on this chapter which consists of more than 300 Spiritual, Scientific & Logical facts named for convenience as ‘SpiScieLogs’. They take the seeker through the steps to the threshold state of wisdom.
THIS WRITE-UP IS BASED ON SCRIPTURAL teachings, SUPPORTED BY LOGICAL & SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLES AND REINFORCED WITH MY understanding and MY PRESENT ‘STATE OF EXPERIENCE’
The whole write-up , though appear to be in stages, the pursuit consists of only two main stages. namely, Preparatory stage and Enquiry Stage. The Enquiry Stage includes the understanding phase also and is sub-divided into four levels in line with different levels of thinking of the seeker. This is only to facilitate the gradual sharpening of the intellect and the manner of thinking of the seeker This style would also encourage the seeker to cover this entire write up systematically and reduce the over burdening of the enquiring faculty of the seeker . The enquiring faculty and the sharpened intellect directly facilitate negation of all those notions that were preventing the seeker to identify and claim his original nature by way of precipitating and nourishing his or her individuality. Once these ‘notions’ resolve, the ever self revealing puts the seeker in an entirely new ‘plane’, that would keep the seeker in a highly contented, comfortable and ‘potential’ state. Then, owning up the self can happen through assimilating the essence of scriptures.
Enquiry state is followed by contemplation stage, the Understood state explaining counter acting or elimination of habitual thinking pattern by way of contemplation on understood ‘Subject’ and neutralizing the habitual thinking pattern with the ‘opposite virtues’. Then, some significant aspects of ‘Realised state’ are given. The write up ends with many hypothetical Question & Answers and some comparative statements of Scientific conclusions with Spiritual convictions These could help the seeker to reinforce the understood ‘Subject’ and spontaneously enjoying the benefits of this great persuit from within
All these 320 ‘odd’ facts are coded using digital nomenclature concept’ for easy selection and reference . They are classified into 7 sections and the 3rd section has 4 sub-sections. Each section / sub-section ends with a ‘General Conviction, to be arrived at the end of the section’.
1. BASIC UNDERSTANDINGS AND THEIR SIGNIFICANCE (20 Points)
2. PREPARATORY STAGE AND BRIEF GUIDELINES (45 Points)
3.1 ENQUIRY STAGE – LEARNING THE FUNDEMENTAL PRINCIPLES OF THE SELF’ 50 Spiritual facts, supported by Scientific and Logical Reasonings abbreviated as ’spiSciLogs’.
3.2 CONVERSION OF LEARNINGS TO UNDERSTANDINGS (35 SpiSciLogs)
3.3 CONVERSION OF UNDERSTANDINGS TO CONVICTIONS (40 SpiSciLogs)
3.4 CONVERSION OF CONVICTIONS TO KNOWLEDGE (30 SpiSciLogs)
4. CONTEMPLATION STAGE OR KNOWLEDGE ASSIMILATION AND APPLICATION (25 ‘Antidote’ Techniques)
Some of the points under the above sub-sections i.e., ‘Basic understandings, Preparatory guidelines, SpiSciLogs etc are given below as specimen samples.
1. BASIC UNDERSTANDINGS AND THEIR SIGNIFICANC:
|01.00.02||How do Bhakti and Meditations help self realization?|
|Unconditional Bhakti & ‘karma yoga’ (Proper actions with Proper attitude) help mental purification and dilution of ego. Meditation, in the initial stages helps concentration & improves focusing ability of the mind.|
|01.00.14||Though washing the utensils is a must, it only prepares them for COOKING. It should be followed by the process of cooking, only then the purpose will be served.|
|Similarly, but for the exceptional cases Puja, Bhajans, Nama Japa, disciplines, services and all other norms of life only prepares the mind for the pursuit. This should be followed by the actual enquiry or assimilation of the scriptural teaching..|
|01.00.13||Bottom of a lake or well is visible only if the water is crystal clear.|
|Similarly, if the mind is pure, the entity that sustains the mind can be ‘known’ & also owned up. That is Self knowledge.|
2. PREPARATORY STAGE AND BRIEF GUIDELINES :
|02.00.05||An ambitious individual take to higher studies hoping to have excellent job opportunities, after that, he does everything and take up more responsibilities and commitments aiming to increasing his standard of living and increase in his status in the society.|
|This is ‘Spending your health for wealth in the prime period of your life then spend your ‘hard earned’ wealth for just maintaining your health! Then. Instead differentiate your needs and wants, strive for your needs, have a ‘conscious check’ on your wants and then take to the pursuit of knowing ‘You’ as early as possible, simultaneously with your other goals. It will keep you in the best of health, both inner & physical, career, wealth, respect in the society, and then from your family and then the ever lasting Peace and Happiness. This is intelligent planning for ‘Psychological Security’ as every settled youth plans for ‘Financial & Personal Security’. Practically speaking, among people above 60 years of age, the need for ‘Psychological Security’ is much higher than the later securities !|
|02.00.24||For turning your attention inwards, focus your attention on the favorable points and just take other circumstances into consideration, never give undue importance to them, else, you will be tempted to take them as ‘genuine’ excuses. Learn from the famous quote ‘Half Empty Glass of water can be optimistically taken as Half Filled’.|
|This pursuit must be started when our faculties are in functioning’ condition as this requirement is most essential. And when the faculties start weakening, we cannot start this pursuit but ironically, at that time, if a little progress had already been achieved, it will be of the greatest support.|
|02.00.34||Till tea is there in the disposable tea cup, the cup has high significance and without which, it is impossible to enjoy the tea. Then we are supposed to crush it and throw.|
|Similarly, the ‘container’, our body has to be given only that much significance of that of the tea cup as long as there is tea in it. You are the content and you should be always aware of this fact even while you are making use of this body. This will help to reduce ‘body consciousness’, that the notion that ‘I am the body’.
|02.00.36||When we have to turn inward for self realization, Why that we should make enquiries and refer outside i.e. to the scriptures and teachings?|
|It’s like when we want to see our face, we look at the mirror. Here, the mirror’s two components the plain glass is like our mind and the mercury is like this teaching of scriptures.|
3.1 ENQUIRY STAGE – LEARNING THE FUNDEMENTAL PRINCIPLES OF THE SELF’ (Spiritual facts, supported by Scientific and Logical Reasonings abbreviated as ‘SpiSciLogs’):
|03.01.02||We can also compare consciousness to Space & Light.|
|Consciousness is like Space, in the sense of its all pervasiveness or limitlessness. It is ‘similar’ to Light, that makes things known or ‘perceivable’.|
|03.01.31||When I identify as a living being, I am one is many billions, as a human, I am 1 in some billions, as an Indian, I am 1 in crores as a Hindu, I am 1 in millions….. And as husband of so and so, or father of so and so, I am only ‘One person’.|
|Similarly, as an individual or as a ‘Jeva’, I am one in a billions of beings, but, as the Consciousness, I am one and the only one, identical with ‘Bhramman’. i.e., identification and owning up of oneself with the common and vital aspect of God and the individual is Self knowledge.|
3.2 CONVERSION OF LEARNINGS TO UNDERSTANDINGS ( through SpiSciLogs) :
|03.02.01||A statue is not made, the irrelevant portions are chipped out similarly atman is not reached attained or known. The ignorance of not owning up atman (yourself)is removed by enquiring.|
|Removal of ignorance automatically reveals your true form, the ‘Pure consciousness’, as it is self evident.|
|03.02.08||Spiritually inclined people or even persons who do any type of meditations definitely get moments of ‘blankness’ of their mind at least sometime.|
|Here, the question is ‘how do they know that they had blankness? And ‘how do they convey this after the meditation? – The answer is some ‘senescent’ knowing principle or ‘substance’ that had been pervading the mind of the mediator during his ‘blankness’ and the same senescent principle continued and prompted his intellect to convey that ‘he enjoyed blankness’. This continuing senescent principle or ‘substance’ is the Consciousness’.|
3.3 CONVERSION OF UNDERSTANDINGS TO CONVICTIONS ( through SpiSciLogs) :
|03.03.26||If we make a serious enquiry on the involuntarily functioning organs like Heart, Lungs, Kidneys etc., initially we will be convinced of the presence of something like a ‘Force or energy’ behind the functioning of each of these organs. Then, our intellect or logic will accept this energy’ has to be of a ‘general’ type because of the different kind of functions of these organs, though all of these are activity oriented.|
|Now, make deeper enquiry on the same subject as to how this ‘energy’ that is behind the functioning of my heart could be different from that of your heart? No, it should be one only. and that is the General principle of ‘Energy’ present in all living beings. The principle that sustains such a common energy is the Consciousness, which is further discussed below.|
3.4 CONVERSION OF CONVICTIONS TO KNOWLEDGE ( through SpiSciLogs)
|03.04.10||There is no difference in the nature between the Pot space and the all pervading space.|
|Similarly, ‘Atman’ is the name of Bhramman’ from the view point of the individual. Atman is the ‘as though’ conditioned Consciousness and the ‘Bhramman’, the unconditioned Consciousness.|
|03.04.16||Dancers of ‘Karagattam’, persons who perform various types of feats. In circus, Rajasthani girls bringing water have one part of their mind in the ‘work’ or ‘duty’ while carrying our all other activities effortlessly; Just like a cyclist or an expert driver of vehicles etc.|
|Such a balance of ‘Body’ & maturity of ‘Mind’ should become ‘in-built’ or natural in the ‘Intellect’ for abiding or remaining in the ‘Self’ while carrying out the duties and take part in the necessary worldly activities.|
4. CONTEMPLATION STAGE OR KNOWLEDGE ASSIMILATION AND APPLICATION (25 ‘Antidote’ Techniques)
‘Antidote Meditations’ with the assimilated Self knowledge for various transactional disturbances such as Physical afflictions, prone to ‘attacks’, forthcoming surgery, Major Treatments etc, Psychological discomforts due to strained relationships, misunderstandings or Insults, Personal or Financial Irreparable losses, Lack of Peace of Mind due to Hunting desires, Previous failures, Disappointments, Lack of interest, Incurable afflictions or diseases, Fear of old age, or ‘not due to any particular reason’ or if you want to change your past ! i.e., removal of ‘Hurts & Guilt’.
5. REALISED STATE / SELF OWNED-UP STATE OR THE STATE OF WISDOM (15 Symptoms or Indications) : The indications and symptoms of rise of ‘Self’ knowledge are viewed from the relative standpoint and discussed in this section.
Convincing logical agreements for the negation of three types of ‘karmas; and getting rid of the cycle of ‘samsara’ or birth and death. Nature and Mechanism of ‘tranquility’ of ‘blissful mental state of the ‘realised person’ and – an attempt of analysis of the ‘Undescribable State’ and the reasons to establish the fact that there is no need to remember the teachings for enjoying and remaining in the blissful state.
6. QUESTIONS & ANSWERS (60 Q & As –Convictions, Interesting facts, Reasons, contradictions, covering Religious, Spiritual, Scientific, Logical & Rational concepts)
Chapter 8 – ANALYSIS OF CONTROL POINTS (CPs) & CRITICAL CONTROL POINTS (CCPs)IN THE PURSUIT
Using 50 CPs, 15 CCPs AS SYMPTOMS OR INDICATIONS & CORRECTIVE METHODS are discussed in this chapter.
This chapter can be made use after some period of beginning the pursuit of ‘Self knowledge’ systematically. This analysis is quite useful to find ‘Where are you’ in the journey to ‘Your Self’ and also assess your progress in the pursuit It is also useful to check your progress, streamline your efforts and if necessary re-define your path. It would also help you to prevent any diversion or derailment on your way to your eternal destination
Alternatively, this can be used as a guideline check list also by those who are keen and expect specific guidance. . Most of the general circumstances and a few afflicting situations are taken into consideration along with a few special and exclusive requirements for spiritual growth while preparing this elaborate check list. Though the topic of this list is CPs & CCPs, they are conveyed as ‘Expressions’ of symptoms or indications of guidance or progress in these pursuit.
For example, the CP, ‘Procrastination’ is unfavourable if it is due to laziness and is classified as ‘D’, Whereas, if one manages to gives reason, it is ‘C’ and if he can convince anyone questions, it is ‘B’. Level D to C is the statutory switch over before beginning the pursuit and Level C to A is progress or refinement and it is a part of the pursuit. and to be taken with high priority by the seeker.
The seeker has to be at least at the level ‘C’ in all the CPs and CCPs while beginning the pursuit . While progressing, he or she has to periodically evaluate themselves against all of them and can take up a minimum of two CCPs and three or four CPs at a time for further refinement.
It is to be noted that indicating the unfavourable level (‘D’), against most of the below mentioned areas at this ‘stage’ of the manual is to emphasise that the seeker must be free from all these undesirable qualities at any given point of time during the pursuit.
Every level of the ‘Area to be focused’ by the seeker is codified as given and explained below. An important point to be noted is that the level ‘D’ indicates that the person is almost ‘Unfit’for this pursuit & level ‘C’ is the ‘Control Point’ at the ‘border line’ of eligibility. Levels B & A shall be taken as ‘Symptoms’ or ‘Indications’ of Progress w r t the state of the seeker.
A : Satisfactory Level – To be maintained.
B : Correct, Increase the priority level of your pursuit and Fine tune your methods and try to achieve level ‘A’
C : Not sufficient for this pursuit, check your methods. To analyse all the factors and try to improve your level of progress to B
D : Unfavourable, check your ‘Life style’ , routine etc. Seek advice and come to level ‘C’ before pursuing
Chapter 9 – LITTLE KNOWN PRINCIPLES BEHIND WELL KNOWN BELIEFS AND PHENOMENA
1. SUBTLE BODY & ITS ROLE IN OUR LIFE
2. THE PRESENT SCENARIO OF LIFE
3. WHAT IS MEANT BY DESIRE MANAGEMENT?
4. BINDING AND NON-BINDING DESIRES
5. I LOVE ANYTHING ONLY BECAUSE I LOVE MYSELF
6. LOGICAL AND EXPERIENTIAL FACTS BEHIND OUR CORE PERSONALITY
8. LOGIC BEHIND UNSEEN RESULT
9. DHARMA IS NOT ABSOLUTE
10. THE THEORY OF KARMA (THE LOGICAL INTERPRETATION):
11. KARMAS HAVE NO CONFLICTS!
13. THE ROLL OF INDIVIDUALITY AND ITS BREAK-UP
14. THE ORIGIN AND NOURISHMENT OF INDIVIDUALITY
15. PROOF FOR THE PRESENCE OF CONTINUOUS SENSORY FACULTY
16. I AND MY LIFE
17. THE MYSTERY OF LIFE
18. IS IT WORTH TO ENQUIRE ABOUT THE FIRST CREATION?
19. DO YOU SUSTAIN PRANA? OR PRANA SUSTAINS YOU?
20. PRANA vs. CONSCIOUSNESS THAT HAS NO BIRTH AND DEATH
21. LIFE IS NOT PRANA, IT IS THE EXPRESSION OF CONSCIOUSNESS
22. PRINCIPLE OF GOD
23. PRINCIPLE OF TRINITY AND AVATARS
24. HOW COME WISE PEOPLE SAY THAT ‘YOU ARE GOD’, IF IT IS TRUE, WHY CANT I ACCOMPLISH EVERYTHING, AS GOD?
25. BHAKTI & KNOWLEDGE
26. MANIFESTATION & MEDIA
27. CAN CONSCIOUSNESS be THE PHENOMENON OF THE BRAIN?
28. CONSCIOUS BEINGS, SENTIENCE & BRAIN
29. IS SELF OBJECTIFICATION, A PROPERTY OF THE BRAIN?
30. REFLEX AWARENESS, IS IT THE MEDICAL NAME FOR ‘CONSCIOUSNESS’
31. THE MECHANISM OF RE-COLLECTION & CONSCIOUSNESS
32. CONSCIOUSNESS & MATTER
33. THE MATTER – ACTION BREAK-UP CHAIN:
34. CONSCIOUSNESS – ENERGY – MATTER
35. SECRETS OF SACRED ASH
36. THE SIGNIFICANCE OF ‘IS’NESS
37. AN EXPERIMENT WITH SLEEP:
38. SLEEP, THE REVEALER OF THE GREAT MYSTERY
39. HOW IS IT TRUE THAT ‘ANANDA’ IS INSIDE US AND NOT OUTSIDE?
40. HOW TO AVOID BOTHERSOME & UNFAVOURABLE THOUGHTS
41 THOUGHTS & CONSCIOUSNESS
42. CONSCIOUSNESS & UNDERSTANDING
43. WHAT IS THE STATE OF PURE CONSCIOUSNESS?
44. PURE CONSCIOUSNESS & PARTICULAR CONSCIOUSNESS
45. PURE CONSCIOUSNESS
46. IS WISDOM MEANS ALL KNOWING?
47. SELF KNOWLEDGE IS MAINLY AN INTELECTUAL PERSUIT
48. YOU AND YOUR REAL NATURE
49. HOW’S THAT MOST OF US MISS TO OWN UP OUR REAL STATE?
50. MECHANISM OF RISE OF SELF KNOWLEDGE
51. FULFILMENT AS THE FORM OF HAPPINESS AND NOT AN EVENT
52. THE REAL ‘I’ & THE BENEFITS OF ITS OWNERSHIP
53. HOW CAN YOU CONCLUDE THAT YOU ARE OF THE HIGHER REALITY?
54. YOU THE CONSCIOUSNESS
55. UNDERSTANDING AND OWNING UP THE PRINCIPLE OF GOD
56. HOW IS THAT ALL WE PERCEIVE IS NOTHING BUT THE CONSCIOUSNESS
57. WISE PERSON AND HIS MEMORIES & THOUGHTS
58. THE HIGHEST STATE OF REALISATION
59. ‘UNDERSTAND’ YOUR ‘REAL SELF’ THROUGH OBJECTIVE MEDITATION
60. A UNIQUE EXPANSION MEDITATION:
Chapter 10 – Significance of ‘self knowledge’ summed up in simple stories:
1. THE DUMB DONKEY AND THE CARROT : A very apt comparison that shows how the ‘earning class’ of the present time is misguided to slip into the triangular trap the tie up among the ‘Companies, Advertising Agencies & the Media’
2. RUNNING FOR THE LAND AND ENDING UP IN THE GRAVE
Analyse the present life scenario of the potential prime age group who are in their twenties. Take their daily routine and life style into consideration. Evaluate logically with an open mind with a reasonably long term perspective, so many unpleasant facts and gloomy outlook of their forties and fifties could be easily imagined. This segment of the society will have to partake a good amount of their hard earned savings again at the hands of well planned opportunists, who might be already conceiving suitable ‘traps’ for this present young generation !
Therefore, it is the right time for the people of prime age group to be well informed and moderate their motivations.
3. THE IGNORANT DOG AND THE BONE: This story should impregnate the bitter truth that All your comforts, Satisfactions and Pleasure are squeezed of you only.
4 . The hanging person, licking the drops of honey : The momentary happiness or pleasure in the life of every one, is very well brought out and projected to those who are still unaware of this delusion.
5. TO HEAVEN OR HELL? – AFTER DEATH : There is a shift in the topics from this story. From this, a few stories shows the direction to plan and proceed in ones life.
6. ATTITUDE AND ACTIONS – LIVING IN THE PRESENT, PAST & FUTURE : The theme of this story highlights the significance of ‘Contentment’ and teaches one to ‘Think of what you have and don’t think of what you don’t have’. The essence of this simple story could also be used to apply the saying ‘Ones Happiness is directly proportional to his Capacity to be Happy’, i.e., one should first, deliberately expand his mind for accommodating more happiness, isn’t it ?’.
7. . STORY OF ‘MILK CONTRIBUTION BECAME PURE WATER’ : Honesty and Sincerity in ones attitude and actions are emphasized. Principle behind this story also reveals a unique feature of the pursuit of Self knowledge that every step even if it is very small progress from ones present state, will not become waste.
8 The clever ‘vaidya’ and his way of handling the king’s incurable decease : Essence f this story indirectly shows us as to how can we ‘exploit’ the potentials of mind. We should somehow put the matter that ‘Self knowledge is the only pursuit to enjoy while living and, to get Enlightened to understand everything and to Escape the berth and death’. Once we inject this strongly in the sub-conscious of our mind, the mind will then take care of the necessary progress in the pursuit since the grace of God is universal and for everyone.
9. Story of a deaf frog : This also indicates the power of dedication, Commitment in the pursuit.
10. STORY OF THE MISCHIEVOUS BOY AND THE METICULUS READER : The funny part of this story is used to show that one should not question as to why the same matter is reinstated again and again in the scriptural teaching or any other teaching of Self knowledge. The patience of the reader is compared to the importance of the perseverance of the seeker in the pursuit of Self knowledge.
11 The story of the pseudo guest in the marriage party : The principle applied in the story teaches the very important fact that only with the help of he mind one should conquer the mind.
12. THE DEAD BODIES AND A CAB DRIVER : Here, is a ‘break’ and a deviation in guiding the seeker. To consolidate the improvement achieved so far and to streamline the progress, the seeker is warned against the possible obstacles and misguidings by or within from ones own mind in the two stories.
13 The story of Prince turned beggar : The theme shows as to how can the assimilated knowledge should prompt the seeker in case of any misguidance from within due to ‘old impressions’.
14. The game of getting blind folded and crossing the pillows : There is yet another shift in the themes of the stories beginning with this. They try to inform the seeker the peculiarity of this pursuit. It is that he is trying to achieve the goal (Liberation) and getting rid of something (Struggle) that is not at all present !
- Catching the bird with the rotating stick : This story shows that how can such a thing happen as revealed in the previous story. This is because, one forgets ones intrinsic nature and thinks that he has to get Happiness only by solving the problems.
16. The story of tying and untying the cows : This story signifies and validates the pursuit. Just like an ‘unreal’ dream tiger sometime helps to escape from the ‘unreal’ fear in the unreal dream.
17. THE STORY OF BHRAMMACHARI TURNS SAMSARI : Again, the sequence of these stories warn the seeker as to how can the seeker overcome the hindrances and obstacles in his pursuit and proceed towards the goal.
18 THE story of IDIOT PRISONER
19. The story of the shop keeper and THE two purchasers: This story is put here because the seeker should not be proud of this greatest pursuit, he has choosen. Also, he or she should not think that the progress is exclusively due to his or her recent efforts.
20. The story of three ghosts : Again, the seeker is reminded of the fact that his or her final achievement is not an event, happening on a future date. Because, this is an extremely important thing to be understood in this pursuit, it is shown again through this long story.
|1||I. Glory of the Pranava Mantra OM AND ‘OM’ MEDITATION||203 – 206|
|2||II. Overview of 12 Indian Philosophies||207 – 209|
|3||III. Flow ChartsLIST OF CHARTS :
1. SCRIPTURES – THE PILLERS AND BUILDING BLOCKS OF THE SUBJECT
2. Vedas & Upanishads – THE PRIMARY SOURCE OF KNOWLEDGE
3. Structure of Scriptures
4. STAGES IN LIFE & LIFE AFTER
5. MAYA & IGNORANCE CYCLES
6. PURUSHARTHAS- THE STRUCTURE & NORMS OF LIFE (Present Systems vs Traditional Concepts)
7. Requisites & Mechanism of Self knowledge
8. Karma Chart
9. ASHTANGA YOGA (COMPREHENSIVE PREPARATORY TECHNIQUES)
10. ROAD MAP TO REACH HOME (Important Stages in the Pursuit of Self Knowledge),
11. BHAGAWAD GITA – THE SINGLE SOURCE OF SELF KNOWLEDGE
12. WORTHY CONCEPTS OF INDIAN PHILOSOPHIES ADAPTED FOR THE PURSUIT & REFERRED IN THE MANUAL
|210 – 220|
|4||IV. Imageries referred in the write-up
2. THE COMPUTER & ITS ACCESSORIES
3. MOTHER & BABY
|221 – 222|
|5||V. Spiritual Quiz – 100 interesting and educating Questions and Answers – General Spiritual & Religious matters – Mostly not covered in Chapter no. 7, Section 6.||223 – 232|
|6||VI. THE SELF KNOWLEDGE, THE FOOLPROOF MENTAL CIRCUIT BREAKER (MCB)||233 – 237|
|7||VII. Essential Yoda PracticesSub-Sections :
1. INTRODUCTION TO ASTANGA YOGA
2. SURYA NAMASKAR
INTRODUCTIONS,POSTURES, STEPS OF ASANAS AND BENEFITS
3. PRANAYAMAS AND PROCEDURE
5. FOOD, YOGA & SPIRITUAL PURSUIT. BALANCED MENUS, DIETS & a Case Study
|238 – 265|
|8||VIII. Summary – A List of Key words (beginning with A to Z) for Self knowledge recollection & sharing||266 – 267|
|9||IX. Self Assessment GUIDE TO BE USED in the preparation and progress – A ‘READY TO USE’ SPECIMEN FORMAT FOR SELF Evaluation||268 – 269|
|10||X. ENDLESS input to the inquisitive INTELECT :This annexure is subject to additions and updation and hence included at the end of the manual helping to revise it from time to time in accordance with the scientific advancement and changing trend of the thinking pattern. Aim of including such an annexure is to encourage the readers also to think in this line, take part in this ‘Exciting subject’ and ‘top op’ their ‘mechanical routine thought pattern’ with such profound but logical thoughts. Readers are welcome to share such enquiries that are quite useful to get out of precipitated ‘self opinion’ about oneself. Such thought kindling enquiries could act as a germinating seed and bloom into the ever greatest Self knowledge.
Thus, the following discussions are some additional enquiries (further to those discussed in the chapters) that nourish the ‘Quest for Spiritual Reality’
|270 – 274|
1. WHAT IS LIFE? WHAT IS NOT LIFE?
2. DREAM ANALYSIS
3. WILL YOU BE ABLE TO FORGET SOMETHING WITH YOUR WILL?
4. MOKSHA OR LIBERATION AND ITS MEANS
|5. EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE RATIONALIST|