About the founder & Teachers
S K Jayakumar started the Sai Paduka Yoga & Spiritual Study Centre in 2010 after practicing Yoga and getting a complete cure from 40-year-old Asthma, Bronchitis, Allergic Sneezing, Coughs, and Throat Infections, uncured by allopathy, Ayurveda & homeopathy. This soon turned into a passion for him for teaching and spreading Yoga and Mind management techniques (MMT) guiding people and fostering community. Authorized by Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (SVYASA), Bangalore, A Deemed Yoga University Recognized by Govt. of India, he has so far, trained over 4000 students from various workstreams like VPs, Directors, Doctorates, CAs, Medical Professionals, Senior Managers, Software Engineers and also entrepreneurs, Fitness/Gym Instructors, Teachers, Housewives, and Students belong to all the states of India and also few from USA and Germany.
Jayakumar is ably assisted in all his activities by his wife Mahalakshmi Jayakumar an ex-staff of Bank of Baroda, presently a qualified yoga teacher from ‘SVYASA’. Part of their income is periodically passed on to Trusts preserving/promoting Indian scriptural resources / spiritual activities and deserving Social Service Organisations including ‘AIMS’ (All India Movement for Seva).
Their main objective is to guide their students in improving and maintaining their physical health at the best possible condition and empowering their minds. Jayakumar also conducts basic & advanced ‘Applied Spiritual Science’ classes for Emotional Maturity and Peace of Mind. He has written the Book ‘Own Your Self & Enjoy Completeness, the manual on Self Knowledge, based on scriptures and supported by science and logic. This can guide educated youngsters to maintain a Happy Mindset always while Efficiently Managing every aspect of their Professional and Personal Life. This book is guided and endorsed by Pujya Swamiji Sri Dayananda Saraswati (Audio Recording) and Commented by Swamiji Sri Paramarthanandaji; Prof. Sri B.V. Sreekantan, former Director, Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai., Visiting Professor, National Institute for Advanced Studies (NIAS), Bangalore; by Prof. V. Krishnamurthy, former Deputy Director, BITS, Pilani; By Sri. TK Jayaraman IRS, formerMember, Appellate Tribunal and By Mr. Premsai, M.Tech, Associate Manager, Accenture, Bangalore (http://saipaduka.org/services-2/spiritual-studies-basic-advanced/comments-on-the-manual/).
He has also compiled a series of four pocket booklets on Mind Management Techniques (MMT). The synopsis of his book on Self-knowledge and details of all his books are available on our website www.saipaduka.org.
He has developed the ‘Comprehensive Health Educational Curriculum’ the proven Healthy Body & Mind Program based on ‘Ashtanga Yoga’, making use of the body’s own Resources, reinforced with the principles of the ‘Great Indian Spiritual Wisdom’. This would lead to a Total Transformation in the Personality and Guide to Enjoy the ‘Ultimate Happiness, Satisfaction, Peace and Security, the Purpose & Goal of Life.
Prior to starting the yoga center, Jayakumar Voluntarily retired from HLL (Presently, Hindustan Unilever Ltd.) in 2003 due to the loss of eyesight at the age of 47 and he was declared total blind) because of several eye disorders and surgical complications.
- He Completed Advanced Spiritual Studies as a distant student of Pujya Swamiji Sri Dayananda Saraswati of Arsha Vidya Gurukulam using audio appliances and through regular on-line classes of Swamiji Sri Paramarthanandaji and Pujya Swamiji’s other senior disciples. This took about 10 years covering more than 10000 hrs of contemplative listening (equivalent to more than 1 lakh pages) of Upanishads, Bhagawad Gita, Brahmmasutra & more than 60 Prakaranagranthas.
- Develop Creative teaching Concepts of Yoga by using audio and video aids after losing eyesight. * Efficacy of this novel yoga teaching module can be seen in the benefits reported in the reviews and feedback of more than 700 postings by their students in the authentic ‘Google’, ‘just dial’ and other public websites under ‘Saipaduka Yoga Center, Bangalore’ and these students professional details are available in ‘saipaduka.org’.
- Received the ‘Self Employment Excellence’ award 2016 from the Karnataka branch of the National Federation of the Blind, New Delhi.
- ‘Shiksha Bharati Award – 2017’ in the field of ‘Education & Social Service’ by the Indian Achievers’ Forum, New Delhi
- Bharat Excellence Award – 2018 for Outstanding Individual Achievement;
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Award – 2018 for ‘Distinguished Service to the Nation’;
- Asia Status Award for Intellectual People-2018 for Individual Excellence in the Field of Yoga & Outstanding Contribution to the Progress of the Nation, and
- Global Indian Personality Award–2018 for Outstanding Contribution & Praiseworthy Achievement in the Field of Education from Friendship Forum of India, New Delhi.
- Best Educationist Award – 2019 from the International Institute for Education & Management, New Delhi for being the founder of ‘Sai Paduka Yoga & Spiritual Study Center’, Bangalore.
General Details of Yoga, Summary, and Analysis of Students’ Reviews and details about the Center and its activities are given on our website: saipaduka.org. Brief Statements and Bullet points of our Exclusive Subject of ‘Applied Spiritual Science’ along with ‘audio postings’ of important points are available in our Blog: saipadukajk.tumblr.com